Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Football Themed Birthday Cards

My Dad really loves football and his birthday was last week, so I thought this would be the perfect theme for his birthday card. I also incorporated the colors of his favorite college team - BYU. It was a hit!


This card is 5.5" x 5.5." I used Emma's 'Wow! So Many Candles' stamp set for the sentiment and embossed it with the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folder. I also made a similar card for my great-nephew but his is standard A2 Size of 4.25 x 5.5.


I had made a similar style of a basketball card a while back. HERE is the link if you are interested on seeing it or getting more details on that one.

Items Used:

Sports Mania Cricut cartridge (everything but the Y)
Birthday Bash Cricut cartridge (Y)
My Creative Time stamps - Wow! So Many Candles
Cuttlebug - Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folder

13 comments:

  1. WOW! This turned out great. I love the embossing that you did with the football. I hope you had a great celebration with your dad.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glora! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your football. The embossing is perfect. And yes, I did make my challenge card for you. You were the inspiration for the card. Everytime I visit your blog I feel the magic of Disney. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect guy cards, Glora! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards! I can't wait to try this out with U of U colors. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I love it! The look of the football from embossing it is AWESOME!! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card, looks soo good. Happy Belated Birthday to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Glora I love this card! You use pretty cool techniques and have awesome ideas...:)
    Hugs!
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Glora, that embossing folder really makes the card! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad would love this card too! I'm definitely going to have to make this for his bday next year. :) TFS!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a AWESOME card Glora!I just LOVE the embossing and the great colors,SUPER COOL job!!:)

    ReplyDelete

>