Thursday, September 19, 2013

Simple Boy Birthday Cards

It is time for another designer challenge at My Creative Time. Cindy is hosting our challenge and it is a BIRTHDAY challenge. So just make any birthday themed project and link it up on Emma's blog.

I made a set of 4 simple boy birthday cards. I have a terrific DCWV boy themed mat stack that has some terrific little scenes. I just added a couple of dies or stamps to each one and matted them to a card base and I was done. Super simple.

Here is a picture of each card close up and with the stamps and dies I used for it.


For this card I used a couple of strips of Washi Tape along with My Creative Time's Chocolate Greetings stamp set and the banner die that comes with the Chocolate Greetings Stamp set for the white layer. The black banner layer makes a perfect mat. It is the banner from the Vintage Stitched Label Die . I saw my fellow DT team member Cheryl use this idea before and knew I would love using it this way. Here is a set of cards she made layering these dies HERE


This one uses the Circle Font stamp set along with a bunch of hand doodled bubbles.


For this card I used the Stitched Square Speech Bubble dies, the Chocolate Greetings stamp set and the It's All About You stamp set.


And last of all is the Fun Ticket stamp set and the Stitched Fun Ticket Die set.

Make sure you hop on over to Emma's blog to see what fun projects everyone made for this challenge. I hope you will join in the fun too! Hugs- Glora

8 comments:

  1. These are so fun Glora! Boy cards are always so hard to make and you have created some adorable ones!!!
    Awesome job!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh your cards are so fantastic, awesome definitely GLORA-ific. You sure came up with so many awesome ideas and I love that paper stack you did it proud. I love all the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies. You are just so talented and therefore come up with so many clever and unique ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make quick and simple cards, Glora! I just love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper stack is an awesome find and how you embellished each paper is very clever. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER FUN birthday card Glora, I LOVE them all my sweet friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are amazing Glora and will be keepers for sure! YOU may call 'em 'simple', I call 'em brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glora ~ Alright oh CLEVER one! I LOVE your cards!! How CUTE did these all turn out!! You used the PERFECT stamps and dies for each one of them!! Adore them and whoever gets them will too!

    ReplyDelete

>