Saturday, January 1, 2011

Paws-itively Wonderful Birthday!

I just wanted to share a VERY simple poster that I made for my daughter's birthday. We always decorate for birthdays with banners, posters and balloons.


I designed and printed the project in my Disney Print Creations program that I've had for years. I printed a duplicate Lady so I could cut her head and collar separate and pop them up with an Action Wobble. It was a success, my daughter noticed it and played with it VERY first thing. Below is a short video of the poster in motion.



This poster was inspired by a cute little bobble head Lady toy that my daughter got at Disneyland last month (they are similar to the Littlest Pet Shop toys, just with Disney characters).  My daughter wanted a blue, heart shaped birthday cake with her Lady and Pluto bobble head toys on it. I'm attaching a picture below so you can see the toys. I'm definitely not great at making cakes and I don't have any fancy tools for making them, but here is the birthday cake. Also, I have to give KUDOS to Miss Nikki, The Scrappin' Navy Wife. She made a card that inspired the paw print on top of the heart cake. Click HERE if you would like to see her card.

9 comments:

  1. So, soo cute!! I love those Action Wobbles!! :) Happy Birthday to your daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poster and I'm sure she loved her cake! Her card was so pretty too.
    My blog candy arrived and I love it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your daughter just loved her cake and poster. I couldn't even tell from the first photo that the head was popped off. Fabulous job!!!

    The cake is adorable too! The chocolate on top looks SO yummy!!! :)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sute!!! Cake looks DE-Lish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygoodness, Glora!!! :) Your daughter must have been thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the way you used an Action Wobble on her poster and her cake came out super cute (hard to imagine that you don't have fancy tools)! Your daughter's birthday is close to Christmas (which day?)-how old is she now?

    Thank you so much for taking the time to post,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!!! WOW!! GREAT JOB MY FRIEND! I was trying to find your email on here but couldn't find it!! I just had a quick question for you about one of your projects on here! my email is creativetimeforme@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    gypsy hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is this!?! Well done!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment on my ladybug card! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

>