Friday, October 7, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Halloween Blog Hop

Hello crafting friends. Tonight is the start of the Whimsical Wednesday Halloween Blog Hop. If you came here from Joni's blog than you are in the right place, if not make sure to get the whole hop in by starting at the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge Blog.

For my project today I have some Halloween treat bags and a card set. So on with the show. Here is my card set:


These are fairly simple cards. I used one piece of 12x12 patterned paper by SEI for all 4 cards. I got the paper at the Scrapbooking USA Expo. This piece of paper did all the work for me. The images were fun, embossed and have a fun metallic look too. The ribbon is all crinkle ribbon by the Prairie Bird Boutique. I did 4 different treatments with it. A regular bow, a double bow, and a couple of variations on a bunched up style. I learned most of these techniques from Kimberly at My Craft Spot. I added the darling Mini Ghost from Peachy Keen Stamps. I colored her up with some Copics that I'm still trying to figure out how to use - LOL. But I think she still turned out pretty cute. And all of the perfect sentiments along with that cute little spider come from the All Around Halloween Stamp set by My Creative Time. I love how they fit the cards perfectly. The fun thing about acrylic stamps is that you can make them wavy or straight like I have on these cards. Okay, I think that is about it on these, I just have a close up of each card.





I also have a couple of very simple treat bags to show you. These don't take long at all to whip up:


For these I used the XL Label Die by My Creative Time. I cut them out and then I stamped them with the coordinating border stamp from the Whimsical Calendar Days stamp set. I stamped them with the I {heart} candy stamp from the Mixed Holiday Greetings by My Creative Time. Next I folded them in half and punched some holes for my square SEI brads. I put the brads in and turned them at an angle. I added some more beautiful crinkle ribbon from the Prairie Bird Boutique and some Stickles to the insides of the hearts and I was done. These could easily be mass produced for school treats or something like that. The patterned paper I used is from the DCWV Citrus Stack.

We have a lot of amazing sponsors for this fun blog hop, they are as follows:

1. Trendy Twine: Original Sample Pack
2. Trade Fish Designs: Rest In Peace Stamp Set
3. Prairie Bird Boutique: one bundle of Shabby Crinkle Ribbon-you get to chose the bundle.

And we also have a grand prize for the hop:

The grand prize for the hop is valued at a MSRP of $75.00. It is from PSA Essentials. This package includes the Stamper Body, a Peal and Stick Stamp Set, one customized stamp and an Orange/Black Inker. In order to be eligible for the blog candy you must leave a comment on each blog and then go back to Whimsical Wednesday at the end of the hop and leave a comment.

Your next stop on this fun hop is Melanie. Click HERE to go to Melanie's blog and see her awesome project.

If you get lost along the way, here is a list of the hop:

Whimsical Wednesdays: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/
Stephanie:http://www.whimsical-designs.com/
Chloe: http://chloeandherclipons.blogspot.com/
GiGi: http://thecricutbug.blogspot.com/
Shelly: http://cardsbyshelly.blogspot.com/
Star: http://starspaperpassion.blogspot.com/
Libby: http://psastampcamp.blogspot.com/
Nanne: http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com/
Cindy: http://cindybcreations.blogspot.com/
Kate: http://scrapperscreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Joni: http://justcounting.blogspot.com/
Glora: http://glorascrafts.blogspot.com/
Melanie: http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com/
Cathryn: http://inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com/
Karen: http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com/
Whimsical Wednesdays: http://whimsicalwednesdays.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great night and enjoy all of the creative inspiration coming your way!

Items Used Card Set:

My Creative Time stamps - All Around Halloween
Peachy Keen Stamps - Mini Ghost
Crinkle Ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique
Patterned Paper by SEI
Sakura White Gellyroll Pen
Copics
Ink for inking

Items Used Treat Bags:

My Creative Time stamps - Mixed Holiday Greetings
My Creative Time stamps - Whimsical Calendar Days
My Creative Time Dies- XL Label Die
Crinkle Ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique
Square brads by SEI
Patterned paper by DCWV Citrus Stack
Crystal Stickles

64 comments:

  1. These are so cute my friend. I love how you made the moon too. Just Perfect.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are fantastic. I am in the mood to create some Halloween cards now! Thanks!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations
    coachfans at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Glora! Don't you just love it when the paper is so awesome that you don't have to do much with it! I LOVE what you did with Patsy's ribbon, great way to showcase her beautiful ribbon! Love the little treat bags too, so adorable. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of it Glora!!! I will be making some of those treat bags!!! All the cards are just beautiful too! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of your projects. You did an awesome job. That paper is great.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    the cricut scrapper at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards Glora!!! They are stunning...and the treat bags are cute as they can be!!! TFS
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful those wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing!!! Love the cards and that's a great idea for the candies!! :)
    Kimberly
    cutie.jensen at gmail.com
    hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job Glora! I love how you used Emma's stamps and her die....it is so on my wishlist

    TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card set and I love your treat bags! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. glora .. very well done
    hugs
    mallika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both projects are AWESOME! I love the papers and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your cards, great job glora!!!

    alvinadiaz@msn.com
    alvinascreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great Halloween cards and treats, love the way you used the crinkled ribbon in all the projects.
    jennyplace26@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore your little treat bags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Halloween cards. I love the simplicity of them and the use of the ribbons :) TFS!
    Hopping by from Whimsical Wednesday blog hop.
    Claire
    http://threewaterscreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great use of paper with those cards. I'm new to crinkle ribbon, so I love seeing it used different ways and I love how you used it on your cards. The treat bags are adorable - love the label at the top.
    Leinad
    scrapsticklepop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. great great cards and very cute candy toppers!!!
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife at Gmail dot com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com/
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun cards! I really like the cute little baggy of goodies! Would be fun to make for my students.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Cute goody bags! Love them!
    http://thehoosierstamperleahanngast.blogspot.com
    lgast24 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the cards! and that you made them with one 12x12!!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glora, everytime I see your creations they get better and better! You are definitely and inspiration!! TFS:-)

    ~Tammy S

    tammy dot schmitt at mac dot com

    http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute and spooky! Really love how the ribbon looks with the paper!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful job on both the cards and the treat bags!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the ribbon you used.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic job! Love your cards, that little ghost is sooo cute. I love the treat bags also. I need to learn how to do toppers for treat bags, looks fun. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How clever using your card stock like that! I never know what to do with a page printed essentially for a layout because I don't scrap. Fabulous! Love how you've curved the sentiments and your treat bags are adorable too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome work Glora. Treat bags are so cute and your cards look great. Love the puffy effect on the moon one! What a great set of projects! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of the cards turned out fabulous! I love how simple and clean they are and the ribbon is a wonderful touch. Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  30. great showcase of what to do with the ribbons. Lovely cards that look simple and easy to make well done :0 love the candy bags :0

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous projects! I love all the different ways you used the crinkle ribbon on your cards and those treat bags are so cute! Tfs and have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. cute cards and luv your little treat bags..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  33. super cards glora and your lil treat bags are sweet :) have a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What SUPER CUTE cards! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that ribbon. I just joined a crinkle ribbon share...can't wait to get my order and give it a try. Thanks for the tips on how to use the ribbon....I'm heading on over to that site to look now :)

    hugs
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  35. Glora, these are incredible! I LOVE all that gorgeous ribbon! :o) All your stamping is fabulous, too... I love wavy sentiments! You did a wonderful job coloring the sweet little ghost with your Copics. :o) The treat bags are so wonderful, too. Beautiful scenes and treat bags, Glora! :o) Love them.

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cute cards and treat toppers! I need to get me some of that ribbon! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super cute!
    Crafty best,
    Sonia
    archivingangel@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your cards are so cute Glora! I love the papers you used and the way you decorated them. I love the crinkle ribbon. Your treats bags are so cute! I love the shape of of the toppers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW! Super projects! I love ghost cards! and I definitely need to make some treat bags this year! Super cute!!
    Jessica
    paperdeckerations.blogspot.com
    paperdeckerations at gmail dot come

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great cards- love that moon! And treat bags- thanks for reminding me to get a jump on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOVE those cards Glora! My favorite is the one with the big shiny moon - so eerie but I also love that sentiment :) The treat bags are so cute and they sound easy! Thanks for explaining how you made them.

    rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awesome cards Glora!!! I was looking to see what you added to the white on the moon, etc & then I read about the cardstock, that is really cool!
    The little treat bags are so cute!!! (I need to get that die from Miss Emma)
    Puppy Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Wow, Glora...there is so much to like about these cards. I love how you let the "paper do most of the work", twirled and swirled your stamping, and your coloring is GREAT! The little treat bags are simple by super! Happy to be a new follower via the Hop
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  44. How cute Glora! I really love that XL Label Die!! It is perfect for these sweet little treat bags! Your cards are so adorable too! That paper is fabulous and I love the pop of color with the ribbon!!! I miss stopping by! I hope you are doing well!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW Glora
    you have been very busy!! all your project are soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Darling projects and I love the tip about bending clear stamps to follow a curve!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this paper. I wish I could find it here in NY. Great way to make more than one card. Keeping it simple is somthing that always works well.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What fun cards, Glora! I love the different ways you used the ribbon, and the curved sentiments look great!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Glora awesome job! Love those goody bags too! You rocked it. The ribbon is awesome too ! thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  50. love the card set and the treat bags you did a great job on both tfs.
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oooh, that card set is fabulous! I love the "grayness" (is that a word?) of it - kind of spooky-elegant. And the treat bags are super - I have a kind of nerdy love of the treat bag. :0)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a super use of great paper. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love your card set.The grey works so well with your images and ribbon.The treat bags are fab too.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love your cards and treat bags.
    KathyV
    Katsews at Gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  55. GREAT PROJECTS!!! Love the silvery moon and ghosts! Sweet idea for the candy too!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love the black and white with the beautiful ribbons! SO much fun!
    Lisa
    summer_sunset54 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Great car set. I love how you added a a pop of color with ribbon. Thanks for showing different ways to tie the ribbon. I am a klutz when it comes to ribbon
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Awesome as always Gloria. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  59. Glora, these cards are absolutely adorable. Love those candy bags. Good idea for using the label die.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the projects! The card set is a really neat idea!!

    Crafty_kitten at mac dot com

    ReplyDelete

>