Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 4 at Everyday Cricut

This was my final project on Everday Cricut. It was not supposed to post today, but it did - LOL. So if you haven't seen this fun double sided tri-fold card take a look and enjoy :).

A big hello to all of you wonderful Everyday Cricut Fans! This is Glora of Glora's Crafts, I can't believe how quickly my guest designer time has passed by. Today is my final day of guest designing for you and it has been amazing. I can not believe all the wonderful comments and support I have received. Thank you so much for the very warm welcome. Also thank you very much to Joy and Melanie for letting me share some projects with you.

Today, I started with a fairly simple scene card. I had it completely made and then I thought it would be awesome if it was a tri-fold card. Once I started to think about making it a tri-fold I couldn't get the idea out of my head until I did it. Has that ever happened to you? I hope you like it.

Here is the card all closed up:


This little scene reminds me of living in Utah. A beautifully starry sky, a full harvest moon and gorgeous mountains.  If you open the front flap the card now looks like this:


Here are a couple of close-ups:


If I open the one last flap this is what you see:




Believe it or not, this card came completely from two cartridges, along with my Gypsy. All of the pieces (except for the little girl) came from the Pop Up Neighborhood Cricut cartridge. This cartridge is a Circle Member Exclusive cartridge, but I could not resist using it because of all of its beautiful backgrounds and images. The little girl is from the Playtime Cricut Lite cartridge. The girl normally has a dog on a leash, but I cut off the dog so she could be pulling her little pumpkin cart. The Playtime cartridge came with some Cricut Expression Machines that were sold at Walmart.

I know that both of these cartridges are not easily accessible to the average Cricut user, so before you throw rocks at me or something, I wanted to offer some suggestions on a few cartridges that would be good substitutes for making a card similar to this. The Sugar and Spice Cricut Lite cartridge has a cute wagon and a couple of little girls that you could have 'pulling' it. Nate's ABC's also has the little boy pulling a wagon. The Paper Doll cartridges with awesome backgrounds, a wagon and cute children to pull the wagons (both Paper Doll Dress Up and Everyday Paper Dolls). I hope this helps.


I figure what is the sense of making a card, if you can't write a personal note in it. The tri-fold is just something fun and interactive on the front of the card. This is a standard A2 sized card.


The beautiful sentiments and dies on this card are all by Emma at My Creative Time. They are from her sets called All Around Halloween and So Grateful For You. The dies are the Stitched Oval Die and the Fancy Frame and Stamp Die. The cute faces on the girls are by Peachy Keen Stamps. The one on the front is called Wide Eyed Kids and the one on the inside is called Happy Lashes.

I made a very short video for you showing how this card looks and opens up. Here it is:



If you really love tri-fold cards I have a couple of others on my blog that you can look at if you are interested. They are much simpler than this one, but they are kind of fun all the same. Click HERE for a Halloween tri-fold. Click HERE for a VERY simple Saint Patrick's Day tri-fold. And click HERE for a gingerbread tri-fold.

Card Recipe:

Pop Up Neighborhood Cricut cartridge
Playtime Cricut Lite cartridge
My Creative Time Stamps - All Around Halloween
My Creative Time Stamps - So Grateful for You
My Creative Time Dies - Fancy Frame Die and Stamp Set
My Creative Time Dies - Stitched Oval
Peachy Keen Stamps - Happy Lashes
Peachy Keen Stamps - Wide Eyed Kids
Paper is Core'dinations and BoBunny
Twine is from Trendy Twine

7 comments:

  1. I was awed the first time, I am awed again! :) Because of this card you enabled me to buy Playtime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com
    mommyscraftycreations at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUTSTANDING Glora! I just LOVE all of your tri-fold cards.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't gonna comment on every single post I missed but I couldn't let this one go without saying WOW! This is outstanding and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a great card. It reminds me of the fabric piecing we learned in Home Ec to make scenes with mountains, beaches and sunsets. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete

>