Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday - Fall Cutie

Yay, it is time for another wonderful Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. Today we all made projects with a fall cutie (a little fall themed animal). This was Cathryn's idea and I love it.

I made a shaped card and my fall cutie is a little indian fox.


The fox and tee-pee are cut from the Create a Critter cartridge. The little indian headpiece is cut from Paper Doll Dress Up. I just sized it up for the fox in my Gypsy. The yellow and green ribbon on the tee pee is some more beautiful crinkle ribbon by Patsy at the Prairie Bird Boutique. The sentiment is from My Creative Time's Mixed Holiday Sentiments.

I had a little extra fun with the fox and used some more fun flock. I go in phases with that stuff, but I seriously love the way it looks when I take the time to use it. Here is a close up so you can see the texture a little better. A few of you had asked what fun flock is, or where to get it. Well I've seen it called fun flock and flocking and it is usually located right close to the embossing powders and such at your local scrapbooking store. Kimberly from My Craft Spot has some awesome tutorials on using fun flock so I'm going to link to one of those post HERE if you are interested.


Today, we are all doing a second project featuring stamps by Tanner, AKA: Mr. Cricut Crazy. I had the chance to work with Tanner on Emma's design team for a while and I'm just loving this Halloween stamp set I bought from him. These stamps are manufactured by Peachy Keen Stamps so they are awesome quality stamps! 

For my card I used his Halloween Town set. I just love this 2 cute 2 spook sentiment.


This is another shaped card, the images come from the Simply Charmed cartridge. My only regret on this card is the stitching between the gray and the black parts of the headstone. I added the stitching before I had glued the gray piece down and then I truly realized how bad I am at drawing a straight line without a guide. Lesson learned on this one!!! Maybe you will humor me and just say that it looks like an old decrepit sort of headstone, so the pieces aren't straight anyway - LOL! The cute little face on the ghost is by Peachy Keen Stamps Monster Mash face assortment. The green bow is made with more of Patsy's ribbon and as mentioned before the darling sentiment is from Tanner's Halloween Town stamp set.

Another fun thing about this card is that the ghost is on an Action Wobble. She is so cute wobbling around on there. In fact, the very first project I EVER made with an Action Wobble over a year ago was on a ghost. It is a perfect motion for these kinds of things.


The prizes for this challenge are some ribbon from The Prairie Bird Boutique and one of Tanner's Stamp sets. I hope you will find some time to join in the fun. This is my last challenge being a part of the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge blog and I wanted to thank Stephanie and all the other sweet ladies on the team for their support and friendship! XOXO to all of you and I will still be stopping by to visit your blogs!!! You are all SO talented! Hugs- Glora

Items Used Fox Card:

Create a Critter Cricut cartridge
Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge
My Creative Time stamps - Mixed Holiday Sentiments
Crinkle ribbon from the Prairie Bird Boutique
Fun Flock
Glossy Accents
Brads
Versamarker
Sakura White Gellyroll Pen
Zig Marker
Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Items Used Ghost Card:
Simply Charmed Cricut cartridge
Mr Cricut Crazy stamps - Halloween Town
Peachy Keen Stamps - Monster Mash 
Crinkle ribbon from the Prairie Bird Boutique
Glossy Accents
Stickles
Black and White Sakura Gellyroll Pens (medium point for both)

17 comments:

  1. So cute! Your fox is adorable!!! I have to find some of the fun flock....it looks so great! Love your ghost card too :) Nice job today my friend!

    hugs
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects Glora!!! I love the flocking and now have to try it out!!! Your fox is very handsome with his coat of flock!!! And I love those PK stamps. I love Mr. Cricut Crazy's Halloween stamps...how cute! I always learn something awesome when I visit your blog! Thanks!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright I give in! Now I need to go buy some flock. :) I have been holding out for a while but as usual you enable me! LOL. Love both of your cards today. Hugs Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glora,SUPER job with both of your cards!I TOTALLY LOVE the sweet little fox,ADORABLE!and great job with Tanner's stamps.Have a SUPER day my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are so cute. You did a great job on both cards my friend. I love your use of flock. I can feel the fox's softness from here, lOl

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how you can miss things...I never noticed the teepee in that cart! OMG, this is so adorable Glora. I love your little ghost card too..you are right too cute too spook is adorable. Great job Glora. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are great and I especially love the little fox-adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards so cute!! I love the flocking!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little fox! I love all of the details you always do. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Glora, these are just too cute! I love the indian fox! I have used fun flock before but never the glittery stuff! It looks so neat! Your ghost card is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute are these! The fox is too cute! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects glora! I love how you used the ribbon on the tee pee and that flocking looks so great. I'm so going to pick some up the next time I go to the craft store. also super cute Halloween card! You show cased Tanners stamps perfectly. :) The stitching problem made be laugh as I just did that same mistake last week. :) Tfs and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous job on both of these Glora. The flock looks fabulous on that fox and the ribbon stitching is awesome!!!!! Always a pleasure to see your creations friend! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these cards are way good and cute but I am in love w/ the fox card. Great job!!! So cute!!!

    Pam
    Simply-Pam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving that flocking. Looks fantastic. You did a great job with both your cards. Love the colours and the different way you used the crinkle ribbon. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. glora i have to say it, your fox is flocking awesome :) seriously a great idea to use the flock stuff on him.
    your ghost card is super cute too. the little bow on the ghost is sweet :)
    sorry to see you wont be dting with us youre creations will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete

>