Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Make ME Smile!

I have made up a fun little card for the Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge #55 over at the Peachy Keen Challenge Blog. I LOVE the sketch and I also LOVE this adorable little penguin that came free with my last order.  For the glittery snow trim, I bought a snow writer from Peachy Keen stamps and added some fine glitter to it while it was still wet. I love this effect! I used a mix of watercolor pencils, inking and paper piecing for this little cutie! The darling sentiment is from Emma's Turn That Frown Upside Down stamp set.


I also wanted to give everyone a reminder about the Whimsical Wednesday Blog Hop on Friday. There will be a Gypsy available as one of the prizes for commenting on each blog. Click HERE for more details on how to earn extra entries towards winning the Gypsy. Thanks for dropping by today!!! Hugs- Glora

Items Used:

*My Creative Time stamps - Turn That Frown Upside Down
*Peachy Keen Stamps - free penguin stamp
*Snow Writer (purchased from Peachy Keen)
*Glossy Accents
*Sakura White Gellyroll
*Watercolor Pencils
*DCWV - Nana's Nursery

16 comments:

  1. Way too cute! I love that sketch, am hoping to find some minutes to do this one too. Love the way you matched his vest to the background mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used the freebie already so adorable. I love your card.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glora this card is adorable. I LOVE penguins. Its is kinda funny because some of my favorite things are seasonal:( so I feel like I can't use them a lot. Penguins, gingerbread girls/men, snowflakes, hearts..I am babbling I don't think you needed to hear that. But your card got me thinking. Love the snowy trim on her hat. Great paper/color combo too. Love it Glora. Thank you for being a great team member and helping get the word out about the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glora, this card is absolutely precious! The best coordinating with the mat is lovely and I absolutely adore the sparkly accents and scallops. Gosh, this is just gorgeous AND sweet. You're amazing! (And I'm SO excited to be working with you!) :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo CUTE!!! :) I love how everything just matches so well!! :) Wonderful work!! :)

    Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glora!!! This is too cute! I love that penguin and the paper piecing and coloring is excellent! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card Glora! Really love the details:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love penguins, too and love how your card could be appreciated no matter the season!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Glora, this is perfect! You paper piecing is amazing, and I love what you did with the glitter! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Glora,Oh My this card is sooo ADORABLE with that SWEET little penguin!As always your are sooo AMAZING!Beautiful job my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, how sweet is this little guy in his Christmas outfit. LOL So cute!!!

    Shar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Glora I just love your card you did a fabulous job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Penguins are one of my favorite things and you've made such a cute card with this little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Glora!!! What a beautifully crisp and clean card!! I just LOVE your sweet paper pieced penguin! What a little doll! Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Glora!! What you don't think of!! I love your paper pieced penguin vest and hat!! GREAT JOB, as always!! Lots of Love!! AND GIANT HUGS! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glora your card and all of your projects make me smile! You are so talented! I love the paper piecing of course and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

>