Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Wall Hanging

Peachy Keen Stamps is having their regular Tuesday challenge and it is a sketch. I started doodling the sketch on a piece of paper for inspiration and while I was drawing it ideas popped into my head. Things like, that looks like a fireplace with a Christmas village on top, a Christmas tree would look cute there, oh and how about a rocking horse that really rocks back and forth (with the assistance of an amazing Action Wobble) over here. I started designing my creation in my Gypsy and then when I got around to cutting it out and putting it together this is what I ended up with.


It is a 12 x 12 wall hanging. I'm either going to put it in a frame sans glass or a shadowbox and use it for a Christmas decoration. There is actually a LOT of dimension to this project, it is just hard to catch in a picture. The tree and presents are popdotted and with the Action Wobble on the rocking horse it sticks out even further than the tree and the presents.


I used Peachy Keen Stamps Simple Sallies and brown ink for the cute little doll's face.


I used an Action Wobble and Peachy Keen Stamps Funshine Faces Side Views for the rocking horse.


Here is a little video showing the rocking horse rocking back and forth. Because the Action Wobble had to be placed in the horses middle area it doesn't wobble like crazy, but just enough for a nice rocking motion. I love experimenting with these fun little Action Wobbles.



*Please note that any videos recommended at the end of this are not endorsed by me.

Items Used:
*Gypsy
*Christmas Solutions Cartridge for most of the images
*George and Basic Shapes, Christmas Solutions and Create a Critter for the fire and fireplace
*Action Wobble for the rocking horse
*Peachy Keen Stamps Simple Sallies for the dolls face
*Peachy Keen Stamps Funshine Faces Side Views for the rocking horses eye
*Adhesive rhinestones
*Pop dots for the tree and presents to give added dimension
*White Sakura Gellyroll pen
*Black Ultrathin Bic Writer
*Versamarker

Full Disclosure: I was given the Action Wobbles at no cost to me to review on this blog. However, if I didn't believe in it, I wouldn't be talking it up!

21 comments:

  1. Wow! Gloria this is awesome! You certainly put a lot of work into this and it has certainly paid off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is incredible. I love your rocking horse. I have not seen an action wobble before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Glora. You went above and beyond on this one. WOW, such detail. I'm in awe. :D

    LOVE IT!!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! This is wonderful!! Just beautiful!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very pretty. Looks like Hallmark's card and village. Very nice. Love the rockin horse and doll. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glora......what a wonderful frame. i should too make a disclaimer. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout. And love the ROCKING horse! Those action wobbles really add extra pizzaz(sp?) to paper crafts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glora,

    That is amazing!!! :) So much detail...I'm glad to see that you're enjoying the free Gypsy downloads!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! Glora! This is absolutely stunning!! How CLEVER is this! Your rocking horse is inspired and the whole project is just amazing.
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!!! i love the wobbler on the rocking horse. love it Glora!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! Great job, Glora!!! Way to think ouside the box and turn the sketch into a true work of art! Very well done!!

    Hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gloria, this is absolutely gorgeous! Every detail is perfect! I love the background paper that looks like wallpaper with the 'wood' baseboard, and the Christmas village and the presents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing card, this is gorgeous! WOW! How in the world did you get the christmas gretting so perfect, whenever i cut it out it breaks, Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Your wall hanging is stunning. I love all detail. My fave is the village on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, love this. The action wobble on the rocking horse adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!!! This must have taken you forever! It was worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glora this is so beautiful! A work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wall hanging is absolutly beautiful. TFS
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

>