Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

I am my daughter's room mom at school and was asked to decorate her teacher's door for teacher appreciation week. We put the door up last Friday, but this weekend has been crazy busy so I am finally getting around to posting this.


This idea actually evolved around something the teacher has done all year. She has a Build a Bear puppy dog that each child gets to take home for a weekend. The dog is called "Lucky Pup" and then that child is the lucky pup for the week. They get to bring their favorite book, a poster about themselves and an estimation jar full of goodies to share during their special week. It has been a real hit and so it was the inspiration for her door decoration.


I designed everything in my WONDERFUL Gypsy. I used the Mickey Font for the words and Everyday Paperdolls for the dog house, puppies and grass. I used my Cricut markers with my Gypsy for the first time and they worked GREAT. I just loaded the mat and had it cut (draw) them with the marker, then without unloading my mat I went back to my project and cut them. It definitely saved me some time from having to hand draw or shade in the puppy accents.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the door. I bet your kids teacher just LOVED it. Very creative and super sweet. Thanks so much for making comments on my page I really appreciate it. I actually learned that I won from MPS from you! ;)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your cute blog for a while now I am FINALLY going to leave a comment. This is the cutest door ever. If I am ever a room mom I know who I'm calling. :) You are SO talented, Glora!

    ReplyDelete

>