Friday, May 14, 2010

I Met The Pink Stamper


Robyn, also know as The Pink Stamper or My Pink Stamper, who lives in the midwest, is in Utah for her sister's wedding. She said she was going to be at Chuck E Cheese at lunch time yesterday and would love to meet up if anyone wanted to. Chuck E Cheese is so close to my house that I thought it would be fun to meet her if it worked into our schedule (my morning to noon was super busy, but the afternoon was completely open). Robyn was going to be there in the afternoon, so I asked my daughter if she would like to go and of course she WANTED to go to Chuck E Cheese. Imagine that!

It was kind of crazy keeping tabs on the kids and chatting inbetween. But I had a great time talking to her and two of her other fans Anne & Cathie. They were all incredibly nice and real down to earth people! It was a blast!!! When we got home from Chuck E Cheese my daughter told me, in reference to Robyn, "You are SO LUCKY to have met one of the BEST scrapbooker's in the WORLD!" It was seriously too cute!

Robyn makes videos (mostly Cricut videos) that are very informative and helpful. I came across her site a little over a year ago when I was looking to find out how to use the Cricut markers with my baby bug. I wanted to use the markers and then cut the image and knew that if I unloaded the mat that they wouldn't line up perfectly to cut. I googled "how to use cricut markers" and found a post on the Cricut forum that gave a link to Robyn's video on how to do just that. I must admit that I have been hooked ever since. Her videos are awesome and she isn't afraid to show us that things don't always go perfectly the first time. She has introduced me to how to unmount my rubber stamps and to the INCREDIBLE world of Peachy Keen Stamps. She has even talked me into buying a few Cricut cartridges that I didn't neccessarily think I wanted until I saw her use them. She has given me some great Cricut tips and tricks. She is just a fun and bubbly person and tries to help inspire everyone to do the best they can. She is totally the same in person and I'm glad I got to meet her. Thanks Robyn! You are awesome!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, you're so lucky! I got to meet her at the CHA show, and I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so super lucky to have met Robyn. I love her videos. I have always wanted to make cards and scrapbook, but just never knew where to start. A few months back, I googled, how to make cards and up came Robyn! She has me hooked. Maybe someday she will come to my town and I will get to meet her:) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the comment on my cards..it means a lot. LOL, I am working on the peachy keen challenge right now...I have been working on in for a few days. It takes me forever. My BIGGEST problem is picking paper...I always worry that it does not match or coordinate. Do you have any suggestions. I really like ALL your work. I am now a follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me. LOL I have had my peachy keen challenge designed on my gypsy for the past few days as well, card base is ready to go, I just can't decide on colors! You should have seen my scrap area yesterday afternoon, I had paper spread all over. I walked away from it, I am going to give it another try now!:) Can't wait to see what you create

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the looks of the dining room behind you, Chuck E. Cheese was pretty busy that day! Robyn is SO LUCKY to have met one of the BEST scrapbookers in the WORLD!

    ReplyDelete

>